Thursday, February 1, 2018

Author Interview with Paula-Michelle Trotter


Next up on our Author Interviews is Paula-Michelle Trotter!
Make sure you follow her on both Amazon and Facebook!

AMAZON CATALOG ::: http://amzn.to/2CMrbXm
WEBSITE ::: http://www.PaulaMichelleTrotter.com
FACEBOOK ::: http://Facebook.com/AuthorPaulaMichelleTrotter



Paula-Michelle Trotter enjoys her Texas home with her husband.  She is a doting grandmother of four. Wanting to give her two oldest grandchildren a special gift to honor the finalization of their adoption into the family, she wrote and they illustrated a series of children’s books featuring their lives. She is proud of her sons who are in the United States Marine Corps and of both of her daughters who are wonderful mothers.On most days, you can find her writing poolside, or in her second-story office, she likes to call her tree house. She writes both adult books that are full of romance, comedy and mystery. As well as, lovable children's books about real life issues - Adoption, Celiac Disease, ADD/ADHD, Divorce and more
A portion of the proceeds from each book by Paula Trotter purchased goes to a Domestic violence and sexual assault charity.  She is a certified advocate for domestic violence and sexual assault in Texas.
♥♥♥


What is something that you wish you knew when you first started writing that would have been great to know now?
I wish I would have know to have more faith in myself when I first started writing.
Have you ever based a character on a real person just so you could decide their fate (whether it be good or bad)?
Yes. I have based a few characters on real people.  In one of my books I killed off a villain with the same name as my ex-husband. It was very fun.
What are three words that would describe your writing style?
Different, unique,  fun.

Where is your favorite writing spot?
I write in my second story office where  i am eye level to the tree tops when i look out the window. I call it my tree house.

What is a must when you are writing?
My little Chihuahua, named Elphie, is usually always sleeping at my feet when I write.

What is the most research you have ever had to dig into with a character or plot?
I did a ton of research on skin graphs. Because one of my characters was attack with chemicals.  It turned out they have a procedure that uses infant cryo frozen foreskin.  Go figure. Yes, I did add that to my book. ( Sex and Homicide)

What is the one thing that you have immediately regretted googling when you were researching?
I immediately regretted googling gunshot wounds.  Those are horrific images.
If you could bring any one of your "book worlds" or another author's to reality, whose would it be?
Oh. Man.  I think I'd love to live in Kristen Ashley's  Magdalene Series, more specifically,  in the book Soaring. I love the character Mickey.  He's hot.
Currently reading anything?
Megan Quinn's series The Binghamton Series

First Ugly Cry?
Kristen Ashley's For You.

First Book Boyfriend?
Tom Steele from Crystal Kaswell's Sinful Serinade series.

First Cliffhanger that drove you crazy till the next book?
I don't read cliffhangers. I hate them.

Favorite Author(s)?
Kristen Ashley, JA Huss, Patience Griffen

A Villain/Bad Guy that you rooted for?
I can't think of one.

THE book or author that started your dream of writing?
Kristen Ashley.

A character that you saw a lot of yourself in?
In my Love and Homicide book, I saw a lot of myself in Julia.

Do you collect paperbacks or do your prefer your kindle?
I only collect specific autographed copies of my favorite Authors, to read I prefer kindle.

Signed paperbacks, do you read them or are they on the shelf and never opened?
If i have one it's because i love the author and its a collection and never opened.

Pet Peeves?
People chewing with their mouth open.

Favorite Restaurant that has a drive thru?
In n out burger.

Favorite Color?
Blue

Celebrity Crush?
Jason Statham

Collect anything?
I collect postcards from my children in the Marine Corps. When they get deployed to other countries they know to send me postcards.

The beach or the mountains?
The beach on a cold day and the mountains on a hot day.

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
I'd like to visit Scotland.

If I wasn't afraid I would?
Skydive

Someday I want to?
Learn to cook.

What is the weirdest place you have ever done the "deed"?
On top of a train bridge.


Thank you so much to Paula for answering these questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment