Monday, February 19, 2018

Author Interview Evelyn Vox


This week we have a new author to me! I don't know a lot about her but from
these answers and checking out her books, I think I like. 😉

FACEBOOK → www.facebook.com/evoxwrites
WEBSITE → www.evoxwrites.com
 
___________________________________________________________________________

Ladies and Gents, Evelyn Vox!


My readers and I are one in the same: we like it dark, and we like it dirty. If you like dominant men, strong-as-hell heroines, and heart-racing plots with lots of kink, then welcome to our wicked little club. My characters will take you on a wild ride as they give into their most forbidden desires, uncovering their truest selves along the way. Always steamy and extra sinful, my romances will have you embracing your dark side in no time. 

Evelyn lives in Brooklyn, and some might be so bold as to call her a *gasp* hipster. When she's not busy ordering a craft beer or drinking kombucha, she works part-time at a wellness center. No matter what she's doing, her mind lives full-time in smutland, always thinking of new ways to torture those hunky Alpha males and the ladies they love to play with. 

What is something that you wish you knew when you first started writing that would have been great to know now?
Writing is only half the battle. The really challenging part is the marketing and publishing aspect of it.
You have to be able to wear a lot of hats.
Have you ever based a character on a real person just so you could decide their fate (whether it be good or bad)?
No, but I do find I put snippets of people I know in my characters. Little personality quirks or turns
of phrase from real people just wind up in there.
What are three words that would describe your writing style?
fast-paced, sensual, clever
Where is your favorite writing spot?
My apartment.
What is a must when you are writing? Food? Quiet? A furry friend?
Coffee :) Also, comfy clothes and music help.
What is the most research you have ever had to dig into with a character or plot?
My Share Me series explores the in's and out's of a cuckolding relationship. It was a concept I really
wanted to write about, but man oh man, I had to do some major research on how it all works. Can't
tell you how many raunchy blogs I've visited. Sometimes I wonder what my browsing history would
look like to a complete stranger......
What is the one thing that you have immediately regretted googling when you were researching?
Trypophobia triggers (for those of you who aren't familiar, it's a phobia of small holes).
If you could bring any one of your "book worlds" or another authors to reality, whose would it be?
I mean...what answer is there OTHER than Harry Potter?
Currently reading anything?
The Rook & Ronin series by JA Huss! It's great, I'd recommend to anyone.
First Ugly Cry?
The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan was my very first because it's just such a beautiful story.
Also, the Lovely Bones and The Fault in Our Stars (omg that was a MAJOR ugly cry) are memorable
ones.
First Book Boyfriend?
Does Darrien from Sailor Moon count?
First Cliffhanger that drove you crazy till the next book?
I don't remember the first, but I can tell you my most recent: the AWFUL cliffy at the end of
Empire of Storms by SJ Maas. Majorly counting the days until the next book comes out.
A Villain/Bad Guy that you rooted for?
Erik Northmen in True Blood *swoon*
THE book or author that started your dream of writing?
NERD ALERT: I wrote a ton of fanfiction in middle and high school. That's what really sparked
my dream more so than any one author or story.
Do you collect paperbacks or do your prefer your kindle?
I like both! I live in a tiny, stereotypical Brooklyn apartment that doesn't have much room for more
books, so I've been rocking my ebooks hard these days. The second I move, though, I'm getting a
massive bookcase and bringing paper back. Yeah.
A Fun Fact about me:
In the last year and a half, I've dyed my hair all of the following colors (some at the same time)- lavender, silver, dark gray, dark purple, pastel blue, teal, hot pink, pastel pink, coral, neon yellow, royal blue, and auburn. Life's too short to have boring hair. Currently, it's dark brown with some pops of dark blue.
Pet Peeves?
SMACKING LIPS. I just cannot deal. No, NO way. Ugh. Gum is my sworn enemy.
Favorite Color?
Purple
Celebrity Crush?
I'm currently perving hard on Joel Kinnaman right now (Altered Carbon, anyone?), but my all-time favorite and forever celebrity crush is Jensen Ackles <3
Collect anything?
Playing cards!
The beach or the mountains?
Beach, please.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Australia/South Pacific
If I wasn't afraid I would?
Go Bungee Jumping
Someday I want to?
Learn how to scuba dive!
You have to give up ONE for a whole week, which is it?
Phone
Access to any form of book.
I can't do that, you're crazy!
What is the weirdest place you have ever done the "deed"? (My husband added this.)
The balcony of our suite overlooking the Santorini caldera on my honeymoon. A private hot tub may also have been involved ;)  Talk about story inspiration...it was amazing.

😳😳😳😳😳
Interested in doing an author interview?
Know an author you would love to have fill this out?
Subject "Author Interview"



No comments:

Post a Comment