Sunday, February 11, 2018

Interview with RB Hilliard

This week we have an author that I have followed since almost the beginning.  Last year, I finally was able to meet her in person at Rebels & Readers in Huntington, WV.  She is an amazing author and extremely interactive with her readers and followers.  I was excited to see her agree to answer these and she did not disappoint. ❤❤

Ladies and Gents, RB Hilliard. 


RB Hilliard lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband and two children. In 2012 she began writing His End Game, the first book in her MMG Series. Hilliard has not only published six books in this series, but has gone on to publish Utterly Forgettable, a hilariously funny Romantic Comedy, as well as her Rock Star Romance Series, Meltdown.


AMAZON     ➤  http://on.fb.me/1Anx1oi
FACEBOOK  ➤  http://amzn.to/1Anwjr3



What is something that you wish you knew when you first started writing that would have been great to know now?
I knew nothing when I wrote my first book. Looking back now, I would say marketing. I just threw
my book out with no knowledge of how to get it seen, what categories to place it under, or how to
market it.
Have you ever based a character on a real person just so you could decide their fate (whether it be good or bad)?
Yes.
What are three words that would describe your writing style?
Descriptive. Deep. Edgy.
Where is your favorite writing spot?
My bed. I pile up with a million pillows at my back, and go.
What is a must when you are writing? Food? Quiet? A furry friend?
I need quiet. My furry friend snores at the foot of my bed, which forces me to turn on a fan.
What is the most research you have ever had to dig into with a character or plot?
I spoke with a psychologist while writing Dillon's book (MMG 3 - One More Time)
What is the one thing that you have immediately regretted googling when you were researching?
I Google everything...so I can't really say
If you could bring any one of your "book worlds" or another authors to reality, whose would it be?
I could see any of my books as a reality. After all, they are in my head.
Currently reading anything?
Thea Harrison's Elder Races series (and loving it)
First Ugly Cry?
I read Where the Red Fern Grows early on and cried like a baby.
First Book Boyfriend?
There are too many to name
First Cliffhanger that drove you crazy till the next book?
I can't remember the first, but the most memorable was book one of Karina Halle's Artist Trilogy.
I almost threw my Kindle across the room.
Favorite Author(s)?
There are waaaaay to many to name. I'm a huge fan of DB Reynolds, Karen Marie Moning, Kristen
Ashley, JR. Ward, Patricia Briggs, Jodi Ellen Malpas, etc.
A Villain/Bad Guy that you rooted for?
I love a good villain, but only if he's redeemable.
THE book or author that started your dream of writing?
I'm an avid reader - I'm talking since way back in first grade, but I'd have to say the college course
I took on the Brontë sisters probably sparked my interest in writing.
A character that you saw a lot of yourself in?
Piper from Not Letting Go (MMG 2) has my spirit, while Cathryn from Utterly Forgettable has my
sense of humor.
Do you collect paperbacks or do your prefer your kindle?
I do both.
Signed paperbacks, do you read them or are they on the shelf and never opened?
On the shelf.
Pet Peeves?
crunching ice, chomping gum, clipping toenails, interrupting me five million times while I'm trying to
write, snoring...you know, those annoying little things.
Favorite Restaurant that has a drive thru?
Chick-fil-A
Favorite Color?
Blues and grays
Celebrity Crush?
Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Andrew Lincoln, Harry Connick Jr. - just to name a few.
Collect anything?
not really
The beach or the mountains?
I love both
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
I want to go back to Europe, but this time with my kids and husband.
If I wasn't afraid I would?
Zip line or bungee jump
Someday I want to?
Travel - I'm talking take off in the car and go...
You have to give up ONE for a whole week, which is it?
🗹Phone
Access to any form of book.
I can't do that, you're crazy!

What is the weirdest place you have ever done the "deed"?

Yep, not telling. (LOL)
(Blogger note! Now I really want to know the answer to this!)



Thank you so much RB Hilliard for answering these questions for us!


I am almost caught up with these interviews!  

If you are an author who would be interested in answering these questions for us or if you know an author you would love to have answer these, email us! 

Subject Title: Author Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment